Swim for MS News - May 2015
Splash for MS with MSAA this Memorial Day!
Join MSAA and help us with our biggest Swim for MS splash yet! We want to bring everyone across the country together on Memorial Day to make a difference for MS. Join our Splash for MS Memorial Day Team.
1. Register on MSAA’s Splash for MS Memorial Day Team before May 15th to receive your welcome kit and Swim for MS swag before Memorial Day weekend.
2. Make a donation to the event! Click here to make a donation toward our goal.
3. Already registered? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add you to the team!
4. Tweet, Instagram, or Post a picture of you and your family and friends swimming on Memorial Day! Don’t forget to check our social media accounts this month! We will be posting pictures of fellow team members Splashing for MS all across the country. Make sure to tag your posts with #SwimForMS & #MemorialDaySplash
5. Don’t have a pool? Not necessary! Splash for MS in your nearest Ocean, Lake, River, or Sprinkler! Take a dive, swim laps, dip your toes in the water, or just float your way through Memorial Day.
6. Any Pool, Any Time, Any Way you Swim for MS helps Improve Lives Today.
7. The first 10 people to register will receive a Swim for MS carry-all cooler chair a portable chair with a cooler attached! A necessity for Memorial Day and the rest of the summer months!
To get started visit:
Congratulations, Dawn Chambers, for being the top Swim for MS fundraiser during the month of April! Keep fundraising for your chance to be the top fundraiser next month and win an Autographed picture of four-time Olympic Gold Medalist, Missy Franklin.
Raise over $1,000, and your name will be listed next month!
Send us your pictures to be featured as the main image on our SwimForMS.org webpage! Email email@example.com with your picture for a chance to be featured.
Swim for MS Partnerships
About Swim for MS
Swim for MS is MSAA's signature fundraiser in which volunteers create their own unique swim challenge while recruiting online donations from supporters. Swim challenges can range from swimming laps for pledges to jumping cannonballs for cash. Swim for MS appeals to swim enthusiasts of all ages, social and community groups, students seeking volunteer service hours, and families enjoying their backyard pool. For more information and to register, please visit SwimforMS.org.
The Multiple Sclerosis Association of America is a national nonprofit organization and leading resource for the entire MS community, improving lives today through vital services and support. MSAA provides free programs and services, such as: a toll-free Helpline; award-winning publications including a magazine, The Motivator; website featuring educational videos and research updates; S.E.A.R.C.H.™ program to assist the MS community with learning about different treatment choices; a mobile phone app, My MS Manager™; a resource database, My MS Resource Locator; equipment distribution ranging from grab bars to wheelchairs; cooling accessories for heat-sensitive individuals; educational events and activities; MRI funding and insurance advocacy; and more. For additional information, please visit http://www.mymsaa.org or call (800) 532-7667.